Returning Service Members (OEF/OIF/OND)
On behalf of the employees and volunteers at the Minneapolis VA Health Care System, thank you for the service you have given our country. Now that you are home, you are probably trying to decide what your next steps will be. Whether those steps bring you to school, to work or to settling into a new home, we encourage you to use the VA services along the way.
In just one visit you will be able to see what our doctors, social service providers and caring staff can do for you. It would be our honor to serve you. We hope to see you soon.
It is very important to note that you have five years from your date of discharge to receive free health care for any condition that may be related to combat service. After the five years, access to VA health care services may depend on military history factors, and/or household income. Co-payment status may depend on whether your illness or injury is found to be service-connected.
The OEF/OIF/OND Program offers transition assistance, case management and outreach services to all veterans who have served in combat since November 11, 1998 in their transition to civilian life.
Our program will help you receive the health care you may want or need, as well as provide you and your family the following service options:
- Support to you and your family as you readjust to life after military service
- Individualized care, specific to your unique post-combat readjustment needs
- Professional and short-term counseling and referrals for mental health services
- Assistance scheduling and accessing any needed VA Medical Center services
- Contact assistance for VA services near your home
- Information on VA and community services for which you may be eligible
- Personal assistance finding your way through the VA system
- Provide information and assistance regarding health care benefits and eligibility
OEF/OIF/OND Program Line
Please contact us if you have any needs, concerns or questions at 612-467-3757 or 1-866-414-5058 ext 3757.
Located in the Minneapolis VA Medical Center on the fourth floor (Clinic 4D).
Contact our program line to find out about resources closer to you.
Office business hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Please note that the national Returning Service Members website also has a Frequently Asked Questions list at www.oefoif.va.gov