Minneapolis VA Health Care System
Screening Points (effective March 11, 2020 until further notice)
To keep Veterans, employees, volunteers and visitors safe, we have set up Coronavirus screening areas at our Medical Center and VA Community Clinics. The Medical Center screening area is located at the Outpatient Entrance. This is an important precautionary measure that will add some time entering the Medical Center. Please plan to arrive early.
- If you have a routine visit scheduled and you are experiencing a cough, fever or shortness of breath that does not require medical attention, please call 612-467-1100 and reschedule your appointment.
- If you need to be seen for the symptoms above, please contact us at 612-467-1100
- If you have traveled outside the US in the past two weeks and are having symptoms listed above, please also call us at 612-467-1100
The screening consists of four questions:
- Question 1: What is the purpose of your visit to the facility?
- Question 2: Do you currently have any of the following symptoms: fever, new or worsening cough or shortness of breath, or flu-like symptoms?
- Question 3: Have you traveled to an area with widespread or sustained community transmission of the Coronavirus or had close contact with someone who has traveled to one of these areas?
- Question 4: Have you been in close contact with someone, including a healthcare worker, confirmed to have the Coronavirus?
Per CDC guidance and VA protocols, individuals known to be at risk for a COVID-19 infection are immediately isolated to prevent potential spread to others.