Minneapolis VA Health Care System
Fighting Flu Together
Getting a flu shot this fall is more important than ever! Reduce your risk of flu and help prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed by patients with the flu or coronavirus, as both can have a serious impact on Veterans and employees. Anyone can get sick, and flu and COVID-19 can each lead to severe illness, hospitalization and even death.
Ways to Get Your Flu Shot
Veterans with an appointment
For Veterans with an appointment at the Minneapolis VA medical center or our VA Community Clinics, the flu vaccine is available at any pre-scheduled appointment starting September 8, 2020.
VA Community Care Network
You can also receive the flu vaccine at a participating VA Community Care pharmacy provider.
To locate an in-network retail pharmacy:
- Visit https://www.va.gov/find-locations
- Enter your ZIP code
- Under Facility Type select "Community pharmacies (in VA’s network)"
- Call ahead to confirm the pharmacy services and hours.
VA Community Care flu shot information: https://www.va.gov/COMMUNITYCARE/flushot.asp
Veterans without an appointment
For Veterans without an appointment, we are offering drive-up flu vaccines at our 13 VA Community Clinics on the following dates & times:
- Thursday, September 24, 12:30-3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 1, 12:30-3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 8, 12:30-3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 15, 12:30-3:30 p.m.
Minneapolis VA Community Clinic directory: https://www.minneapolis.va.gov/locations/index.asp
We are offering Veterans drive-up flu vaccines at the Minneapolis VA medical center on the following dates & times:
- Saturday, October 3, 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 7, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 8, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 14, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 15, 1:00-6:00 p.m.
Walk-in flu shots are available weekdays October 5-30, 2020 from 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. in Building 77 on the Minneapolis VA campus.
Get a flu shot, wash your hands, practice physical distancing, and wear a face covering to prevent the spread of both the flu and COVID-19. Visit www.prevention.va.gov/flu