Minneapolis VA Health Care System
If you are a patient of the Minneapolis VA or one of its Community Clinics and you are ready to quit using tobacco:
- Talk to your PACT (Patient Aligned Care Team) provider (MD, PA NP or Psychologist), your nurse, pharmacist or therapist either in person or by Secure Messaging.
- Contact the Call Center at 612-467-1100 or 1-866-414-5058 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday (except Holidays).
- Minneapolis VA offers a 3-session group and an 8-session individual tobacco cessation class along with medications and counseling from your pharmacist or PACT provider.
Quitting smoking can be hard. Having a plan makes things a bit easier. Making a personalized quit plan can keep you on track and help you through the times that challenge you the most. Create your plan today!
Quitlines offers the tips and support you need to quit and stay quit. To receive counseling over the phone, Veterans call Quit VET 1-855-QUIT-VET and non-Veterans call MN QUITPLAN 1-888-354-7526.
More resources: visit the DOD/VA website, You Can Quit Too or text SmokefreeVET at 47848 from any mobile phone (24/7).
Smoke Free VA
As part of the VA’s ongoing mission to safeguard the health and welfare of America’s Veterans, the Minneapolis VA Health Care System transitioned to a nonsmoking campus on October 1, 2019
We understand that this change may be difficult for some, however our new smoking policy will ensure a safe and healthy environment for not only Veterans, but also VA visitors, vendors, volunteers, contractors and employees.
Veterans Health Administration Directive 1085 and Veterans Health Administration Directive 1085.01, Smoke-Free Policy, are a nationwide policies that apply to all VA Health Care Systems. This means that on October 1, 2019 smoking will no longer be allowed on any VA campus, clinic, or facility.
The policy defines smoking as using any of (but not limited to) the following:
- any other burning of tobacco
- non-Federal Drug Administration (FDA) approved electronic nicotine delivery systems, including but not limited to electronic or e-cigarettes, vape pens, or e-cigars.
Health and Wellness Learning Center
One Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55417
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.