Minneapolis VA Health Care System
What is Whole Health?
Whole Health recognizes you – as a whole person – and helps support your unique answer to the question, "What would you do if your health were the best it could be?". It goes beyond your illnesses, injuries, or disabilities and focuses on your values and aspiration, health and well-being, and includes self-care and integrative therapies (such as acupuncture and yoga), along with your usual medical care.
You are a more active partner with your health team in Whole Health care.
Introduction to Whole Health Sessions
Please join us for an Introduction to Whole Health
- This Introduction to Whole Health session is designed to introduce you to the VA Whole Health approach to care.
- Our number one goal is that you accomplish the life vision you create for yourself.
- Through our programs and services and, most importantly, your own strengths and abilities, we will work together in healing partnership to optimize your well-being with a focus on what is important to YOU.
- Transitioning from the Service can pose unique challenges and opportunities and we’ll discuss why a whole health approach is helpful in meeting these challenges and capitalizing on your opportunities.
- We’ll also describe areas of self-care and well-being that make up all the different aspects of who we are as individuals.
Dates and Times: open to Veterans, family, caregivers and staff
|2nd Wednesday of the month from 10-11 a.m.||Minneapolis VA||Room 1B-102|
|3rd Tuesday of the month from 1-2 p.m.||Minneapolis VA||Room 1B-102|
For questions and/or more information: For questions on Whole Health, contact the Center for Integrative Health & Healing at 612-467-3745.
If you are still in the military or have discharged since 1998, and are in need of assistance with accessing or coordinating VA care, contact the Post 9/11 TCM Program at 612-467-3757.
Whole Health Resources
Whole Health: It Starts With Me - this handout is a collaboration between the Veterans Health Administration and the University of Wisconsin.
A Whole Health System Serving Veterans - from VA Patient Centered Care.
Transforming VA Healthcare - video describes how the new patient centered model gives Veterans what matters most: the care and support to help them achieve their mission for health and well-being.
Introducing Health for Life - video tells how Thomas Sells came to VA with a mission to live pain-free. Together with VA, he developed a plan for health that would lead him on the path to well-being. Watch as he recounts how his care team gave him the training and support to succeed, and he achieved Health for Life.
STAR Well-Kit toolkits - Tools for Healing (‘Simple Tools to Aid and Restore’) is a web-based toolkit for learning about wellness practices and Integrative Medicine tools for Veterans.
STAR Well-Kit videos - video introductions to the War Related Illness & Injury Study Center's STAR Well-Kits
- One Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55417
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.