Minneapolis VA Health Care System
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized three COVID-19 vaccines. Congress has passed a new law that allows us to offer COVID-19 vaccines to more people. VA is now able to offer vaccine to the following groups who are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine at VA when their local VA facilities have enough vaccine:
- Spouse of a Veteran
- Caregivers of a Veteran
- Recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) benefits
The best way to stay informed is to sign up to tell us you'd like to get a COVID-19 vaccine at VA. Your local VA facility will then contact you when they have a vaccine for you.
For your continued health and safety during this pandemic, please don't come to a VA health facility to request a COVID-19 vaccine without an appointment unless you are coming to a specific scheduled event such as a walk-in clinic or drive-through clinic that does not require an appointment.
Note: Your employer, pharmacy, or local public health officials may offer you a COVID-19 vaccine. We encourage you to take the first opportunity you have to get a vaccine at the most convenient location for you.
Minneapolis VA Health Care System Vaccine Information
The Minneapolis VA Health Care System is at the forefront of administering COVID-19 vaccines. As of April 6, 2021 – our Veterans have received 92,850 vaccine doses.
All Veterans, Veteran spouses, Veteran caregivers, and ChampVA beneficiaries are eligible to be vaccinated
- Enrolled Veterans should schedule their COVID-19 vaccination appointments by calling 612-467-1301 (Call Center is open weekdays 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.), or you may walk-in without an appointment Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Appointments are available 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Non-enrolled Veterans, Veteran Spouses, Veteran Caregivers, and ChampVA beneficiaries, complete the Sign up to get a COVID-19 vaccine at VA tool. After completing this tool, you can schedule your vaccination appointments by calling 612-467-1301 (Call Center is open weekdays 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
Or you may walk-in without an appointment Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. or join your scheduled Veteran for their appointment and receive the vaccine (note: your Veteran does not have to be present for you to get vaccinated). We will also be sending appointment requests via text message from the number 53079. If you are unable to complete the online sign-up tool you are invited to walk-in.
- Thursday, April 8 & 15 from 5 to 8 p.m. we're holding a Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) clinic at the Minneapolis VA Medical Center. Walk-ins invited from 5 to 7 p.m. There is a limited supply for walk-ins. To be scheduled into one of these clinics, call 612-467-1301 (Call Center is open weekdays 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Albert Lea VA Clinic: Saturday, April 10 from 8 a.m. to noon; call 612-467-1301 by Friday at 4:00 p.m. to be scheduled
- Mankato VA Clinic: Saturday, April 17; from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; call 507-387-2939 to schedule
- Rice Lake VA Clinic: Saturday, April 24; from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; call 612-467-1301 to schedule
- Rochester VA Clinic: Saturday, May 15; from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; call 612-467-1301 to schedule
- Chippewa Valley VA Clinic: Saturday, May 22; from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; call 715-720-3780 to schedule
We have the following upcoming VA community clinic vaccine appointment opportunities for first doses. All clinics will have second doses scheduled at the same location 3 weeks after these clinic dates.
- Northwest Metro VA Clinic: April 10; call 612-467-1301 to schedule
- Twin Ports VA Clinic: April 17 & 18; call 612-467-1301 to schedule
Follow our communication channels:
- Minneapolis VA Health Care System
Hours of Operation
By Appointment Only