Minneapolis VA Health Care System
Medical Foster Home Program
The Medical Foster Home Program (MFH) is a voluntary program that offers safe, long-term care in a home like setting. MFH is an affordable, comprehensive-care housing alternative for Veterans. The program is managed under the Extended Care and Rehabilitation patient service line of the Minneapolis VA Health Care System.
Learn more about our program: watch the American Veteran Video (below) on Medical Foster Homes.
In The News
- For these disabled veterans, foster home is a life-changing solution - Pioneer Press, Dec. 22, 2019
- Families open up their home to serve veterans - CBS News, Jan 24, 2019
- For Vets, An Alternative To Nursing Homes - CBS Minnesota WCCO, Nov. 11, 2014
- Getting Care & Comfort at VA Medical Foster Homes - "Veterans Health" magazine, spring 2011, page 6
- Veterans get a hand up with medical foster care - Pioneer Press, Jan 30, 2010
One Veterans Drive,
Minneapolis, MN 55417
Hours of Operation
8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.