Minneapolis VA Health Care System
MOVE Weight Management Program
The MOVE Weight Management Program is a national VA program to help Veterans lose weight, keep it off, and improve their health.
- Emphasis on health and wellness through nutrition, physical activity,
and behavior change
- Lifetime and lifestyle focus with achievable goals
- Patient centered
- Tailored to meet individual needs
- Regular follow-up and support
Who can join?
MOVE! is a program that is available to VA enrolled Veterans with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25 or greater, who feel they can benefit from MOVE! and is motivated to make lifestyle changes.
Optional enrollment is for Veterans ages 70 years or older or those at a BMI less than 30 without co-morbid conditions.
How can I find out more?
At your annual VA primary care appointment, you will be asked if you are interested in losing weight and if you want to learn more about MOVE!. If you do, contact information will be provided.
Schedule an appointment with your Primary Care dietitian. Walk-in appointments also available.
Contact the Minneapolis MOVE! Weight Management Program office at 612-629-7388 or 1-866-414-5058 ext.7388.
Find out more about the Program Options here.
If you have questions, call the MOVE! message line at 612-629-7388 or 1-866-414-5058 ext 7388 or secure message us. Our team name is: MSP MOVE Program HPDP.
MOVE 11 Questionnaire:
The first step to enroll in MOVE is to complete the MOVE 11 questionnaire. This may be completed at the first MOVE visit or on-line at www.move.va.gov. Click on MOVE 11 questionnaire and answer the questions. Print the survey reports and the handouts and record the retrieval code. Give the retrieval code to MOVE staff at the first visit.
Check back regularly for new recipes and articles.
- One-Pan Honey Mustard Pork Chops and Veggies (new)
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (new)
- Broccoli Salad with Apples and Cranberries (new)
- Brussels Sprouts (new)
- Cauliflower “Fried Rice” (new)
- Extreme Veggie Egg Scramble (new)
- Lettuce Leaf Tacos (new)
- Quinoa Salad (new)
- Slow Cooker Green Beans (new)
- Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin (new)
- Tuscan Kale and White Bean Spaghetti Squash Bake (new)
- Recipe & Tips for Sleep
- Recipe for a Healthy Gut
- Is Bone Broth a Miracle Food? (new)
- How to Curb Late-Night Snacking (new)
- 10 tips to help keep you on track! (new)
- Prep for Success! (new)
- What's the Deal with Sugar?
- Not All Fat is the Same
- Misleading Food Packaging
- Reducing Inflammation Through Diet Changes
- Does Fat Make Us Fat?
- To Cleanse or Not to Cleanse
Videos that will get you MOVE!-ing
Strive for a healthy weight. If you need to lose weight, losing even a little will help. If you are of normal weight, maintain it. Staying in control of your weight helps you be healthy now and in the future.
Be Physically Active
Avoid inactivity. Some activity is better than none. Aim for at least 2 1/2 hours of moderate-intensity aerobic activity each week. Every 10 minute session counts. Do strengthening activities at least 2 days each week.
Eat wisely to maximize your health. Eat a variety of foods including vegetables, fruits and whole grains. It is important to include fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products in your diet, and limit total salt, fat, sugar, and alcohol.
and Outpatient Clinics
- 866-414-5058 Ext. 7388
Hours of Operation
- M-F 8am-4:30pm