Minneapolis VA Health Care System
The Department of Veterans Affairs understands the health care needs of women Veterans and is committed to meeting these needs. "She served, she deserves the best care anywhere."
The Minneapolis Women Veterans Comprehensive Health Center (WVCHC) is an interdisciplinary clinic designed to provide collaborative and comprehensive care. In addition to providing primary care in our clinic, we also offer gynecology, urology/gynecology and mental health care within our space. The WVCHC was established in 1993; Alisa Duran, MD is the current Women’s Health Director.
Some program highlights include:
- Gynecology services
- Breast exams and mammography
- Family planning and contraceptive services
- Menopause treatment
- Infertility evaluation and treatment
- Maternity Care CoordinationWomen's Imaging Center
- Sexual trauma counseling
- Women’s Comprehensive Primary Care at VA Community Clinics
Understanding and overcoming depression...
How can telehealth help treat depression and anxiety? Jennifer, a U.S. Army Veteran, talks about how she manages her mental health through a combination of VA telehealth therapy sessions along with medication and physical activity.
For Women Veterans, VA is Here
VA welcomes women Veterans. We are committed to providing high-quality services in a sensitive and safe environment at all VA facilities. Women Veteran Program Managers are available at each VA medical center to assist women Veterans with questions and coordinate services (see contact information on this page).
Each woman Veteran is assigned a Women’s Health Primary Care Provider. These experienced providers are trained to deliver comprehensive primary care, as well as routine women’s health care. You will be at the center of a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) where a provider, nurse, and others will work with you to manage your health care:
- Primary care: general medical care for acute and chronic conditions, such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- Preventive care: immunizations and cancer screenings (breast and cervical), osteoporosis screening and management
- Gender-specific care
- Birth control, family planning, and preconception counseling
Learn more about the gender-specific services VA has to offer
- Women Veterans Health Care
- Health and Wellness
- Maternity Care
- Military Sexual Trauma
Women Veterans Call Center
The Women Veterans Call Center provides women Veterans information about VA services and resources, benefits, and eligibility. The toll-free line is available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. ET and on Saturdays 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m. ET. Please see our Women Veterans Call Center website or call 855-VA-WOMEN (855-829-6636). Call, chat, or text are all available.